A Poem on Shiva: Refuge by Rohan Suri

Refuge
O the lord with the moon on thy hair
O the lord with the trident in thy hands
O the lord who meditates perennially
O the lord who is the consort of the ferocious mother
O the lord who is the consort of the loving mother
O the lord who is the hermit householder
O the lord whose throat is blue with poison
O the lord who is dear to Shri Ramachandra
O the lord who is ever praiseworthy
O the lord who is the lord of time
O the lord who is the subduer of Apasmara
O the lord who dances ferociously
O the lord who is the musician with a damru
O the lord who is worshipped by demons and deities alike
O the lord who is the biggest and the smallest
O the lord who dwells in fire and in ice
O the lord who is the creation and the creator
O the lord who is easily pleased
O the lord who is the most innocent
O the lord who is the strongest
O the lord who is existence itself
O the lord who is intelligence itself
O the lord who is infinity itself: positive and negative
O the lord who is the calmest one
O the lord who rages like no other
O the lord who is the father to all
O the lord who is related to none
O dear Mahadeva, you are the holy one
O dear Shiva, I take refuge in you
With all my weaknesses, I take refuge in you
With all my shortcomings, I take refuge in you
With all my inabilities, I take refuge in you
Free me from my bondage, O Holiest one
Fate is heavy on me, give me thy sunshine shelter
Fate is light on me, give me thy snowy shelter
I take refuge in you, I take refuge in you, O Chandrashekara.

Lord Shiva
Ankit Dandhare on Unsplash


Popular posts from this blog

To you, Eren Yeager (Attack On Titan Powerful Poem)